Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's all blue for me

That's right, on Sept. 16th, we had our big ultrasound and found out that we are having another boy! He is measuring right on time, and the u/s tech said that he looked great! We got to see him open and close his mouth (I joked with Bobby that he was already talking). We also saw him cross his feet, just like Tanner does. Now onto the fun stuff of decorating his nursery! We are going to keep Tanner in his room, and make the office the nursery. Bobby and I painted the office (years ago) in dark blue and light blue, so I think we will go with those colors for baby boy number 2. I am now looking around at how to accent them, and deciding on a theme. With Tanner, we did brown and green for the colors and monkey as the theme. I am still drawn to the monkey/jungle theme, but I want to do something totally different for this baby. Luckily, I have plenty of time to decide!! You'll notice that I keep saying "baby" and not a name for him. We do not have a name yet. We had (and have had since being preggers with Tanner) a girl name-Bailey Elizabeth. Bailey is Bobby's middle name and Elizabeth was my Vovo's name. We talked about using Bailey for a boy, but I just picture it for a girl. Plus IF (big if here) we decided to try for a third, and we have a girl, I would want to use Bailey for her. I'm kicking around a few ideas of names, but none that I'm sold on. Bobby has only put out names like "Frodo" or Star Wars names, so he has been of no help yet! When we decide, I'm sure I'll blog it!! :)




Onto other events in our lives. We traveled up to Durham this weekend for our nephew, Brady's, 3 rd birthday party. It was nice to see my SIL and fam, but it seemed to go by so fast that I wish we could have spent more time with them. Plus, once you have a toddler that you are chasing after, you don't really get to just sit around and chat like you used to! :) Tanner was shy, like always, at first. But then he warmed up and loved playing with any kind of ball he could find!




Tanner is staying with my parents-in-law for a few days this week. We all stayed over there on Sat. night. Then on Sun. after Tanner went down for his nap, we left to head back toward Charlotte for the Tom Petty concert. The concert was great, we met up with Jac, Tony, and Curtie B and sat on the lawn for the show! This was the first concert I have been to while being preggers. Don't worry, the doc said it's OK to go!! Mon and Tues mornings, I actually got to sleep in!  Ahhhhhh.....it was nice!!!  Wed, we are going to Asheville with Marc and Kas to see my fav. band in the whole world-Jimmy Eat World!!!  I am super excited to see them!!  Then on Thurs, we pick up our sweetie!  It has been nice to have some me time, but I sure do miss my Tanner Boo Boo!!

3 comments:

  1. There are some nifty names from Lord of the Rings..... You could always name him Eomir....You'll find the right one. Don't listen to the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like names from LOTR mine is one, Lorien :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorie- my 2nd daughter is Eowyn, which is why I suggested Eomir.

    ReplyDelete