Saturday, March 19, 2011

The first 5/6 weeks

Brennan is almost 6 weeks old!!!  The time has flown by......here's what's been happening in the Meroney household.
Tanner is very sweet to his "dede" (baby).  He gives him kisses all of the time.  He even cries when Brennan is really upset and crying-which is not very often (YAY!!)  When I pick him up from school, the first thing he says is "dede" if the baby is not with me.  It took Tanner a few weeks to get adjusted to having a new baby in the house.  The first week while I had help from the grandmothers, Tanner basically ignored me.  That really made me sad, but it passed quickly.  Once it was just the 3 of us (since Bobby was back at work), Tanner became extremely clingy and whiny!  He was also teething and running a fever, so.......that was a tough week.  But after that week, he has been back to his little silly self!  :)  Speaking of silly self-Tanner now plays pretend and imitates almost every thing we do!  It's really cute!  His vocab is picking up and it seems as if he learns a new word everyday!  He is still doing great at school and we decided to sign him up for summer school.  It runs for the last 3 weeks in July and he will go Mon-Thurs!  They are focusing on science experiments and I think he will LOVE it!  Tanner has started to test his boundaries with us, so we have started using time-out for discipline.  Bobby and I do not believe in spanking, so hopefully time-out will continue to be effective.
Brennan is such a good baby.  He has a really easy temperament and doesn't cry much.  When he does cry, he is easily soothed!  Hooray!!!  He has been socially smiling for a week or more, but I refused to believe it at first.  Now, there's no denying it!  He gives Tanner huge smiles when they "play" on the floor!  He is starting to do a longer stretch through the night.  We moved him into his own room when he was 3 weeks old.  I sleep so much better without hearing all of his sounds.  He sleeps better when he is swaddled and thanks to my friend Jamie, he has some swaddling sacks!  He is on all formula because again with him, I did not make enough milk.  With Tanner I supplemented and nursed him for 6 months. We spent at least an hour nursing every time and then supplemented with formula.  Since I have a toddler who I need to keep a constant eye on, nursing for over an hour was not possible.  Plus, Brennan did not latch on well and ended up cracking my nipples-OUCH!  So I decided to pump until my milk ran out and go with all formula for him. He eats every 3 to 4 hours and is taking in about 5 ounces per feeding.
Oh....Need to go-Brennan's up and ready to eat!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to meet little Brennan and also get some play time with Tanner and Tom! I'm excited to see how much Tanner has changed in the past couple of months!

    ReplyDelete