Monday, August 29, 2011

Terrible, I mean Terrific Two's!!!

After my last blog Tanner has done a 180.  We went from the terrible two's to the terrific two's!!!  Instead of hitting or scratching me when he gets angry, I say "make a good choice or you will go into your room" and he hugs me and stops fussing!  This basically happened out of the blue.  I hadn't even started using the booster seat as a time out seat yet.  (That was my plan if he hit, bit, or scratched.  He gets sent to his room to "cool down" if he is yelling for no reason.)  Bobby started talking with him about the rules and having him repeat them.  "No hitting, no scratching, etc"  and we have added "Always keep on your seat belts" as he can somehow get his arms out of his straps, no matter how tight we have them!   :/  I think it has also helped that we have been keeping busy.  Since he is not in school, I need to get him out and about as much as possible to avoid the meltdowns over being bored.  This week, we did gymnastics twice and Monkey Joe's twice!  It was really fun for Tanner, but poor Brennan had very short morning naps and was not feeling up to par, so that meant tired arms on Mommy from holding him constantly.  I have also been making my alone time with Tanner more fun and giving him choices of what he would like to do during that time!  It is so nice to see him assert his independence!!
Mr. Brennan Burger can sit up for a little bit on his own now, before toppling over.  He likes to play with any toy that Tanner is willing to share with him.  He went to the doctor's today for his 6 month check up and shots.  He is 26 1/2 inches long and weighs a little over 20 pounds.  He is in the 75th percentile for weight and 50th for height.  He took his shots like a champ and only cried for a min afterwards.
Today is Bobby's birthday.  I will not mention how old, but let's just say it's a bit of a milestone birthday.  :)  Bobby would not let me throw him a 30th birthday party (waaaaaaay back when he turned 30).  So this weekend, I decided to throw him a surprise party!  Let me go into the back story of this.  The girls and I were supposed to be going on our 2nd annual girls beach vacay this weekend.  Well.......Hurricane Irene cancelled that!  I was bummed!  I am reading this book from our book club (my pick, just saying), The Happiness Project.  (I highly recommend it).  In this book, the author focuses on different aspects of her life in order to become happier.  Well, one of the things she talks about is turning a negative into a positive.  Beach weekend is cancelled....that provides me with the perfect opportunity to do something nice for someone else (in the book she talks about how it makes people happy to do things for others) by  throwing Bobby a surprise party.  I was a little anxious about it, but it all turned out well!  Thanks to Marc for being my wing man and Maggie for helping me set up!  Bobby was surprised and really enjoyed his party!
I don't know why I feel like I should give each post an ending, but I just do.  So....that's all for this terrific post!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment